Friday, June 7, 2013

Leading up to summer...


This was Mother's Day. This will forever be known as the photo which forced me to start making holes in the walls. I got to choose the movie, so of course we were watching "Penelope."


Jessie had her friend Molly over for the afternoon. Bless Domino for letting those girls pretend he was sick and check his heartbeat and his mouth and wrap a bandanna around his head. They also had tea parties with all these animals who just don't know when to stop.


And then we had Jared's birthday. His "real" present came the next day and it was a trampoline! Wa-hoo! It's been a big hit with all of us. I almost forgot how fun those things are. The really fun part will be digging a hole to stick it in so it is more safe and not such a monstrosity in the backyard.


Oh I love this man. He makes the years better and better. I was thinking the other day how glad I am that he asked me to marry him. He asked me on his birthday ten years ago and here we are five kids and 4 homes later (the first of which we own, however). We were just so drawn to each other, there was no question that he was "the one." We both had a lot of growing up to do and there were some hard times and some sad times, but we put our faith and our works in the Lord and he has made so much more out of our marriage than we ever could have on our own. I love more than I ever thought was possible and I know that is a gift. I am so thankful that Jared is so easy to love and has taught me a lot about what that word means. Happy Birthday to my sweetheart!


These two have been good ole buddies lately and they have both come so far in their swimming lessons! I'm so proud of them!


I asked who in the world Zack is. She told me it's just a boy name she really likes. 

 

This boy. I could not get him to take a nap. He kept begging to swim. I told him we could after we get Porter and Logan from school. THEN he decides to fall asleep instead of coming inside the house. That's just way things go when you're two.

And today we had Logan's Kindergarten graduation. I actually got a sitter for Jessie and Noah, but Logan was just devastated when I told him they wouldn't be here, so I cancelled and we all went to watch him graduate. Here Logan is sitting by Keshawn and Scarlett. Keshawn's mother said she nearly asked me for my autograph because I look like Taylor Swift. I'm pretty sure she's on drugs, but I'm still flattered. Taylor Swift is gorgeous. And Scarlett's dad makes the most amazing cupcakes I have ever had. I'm not even a cupcake person! Her grandma is in my ward and she comes to church with her every once in awhile.


Logan was so surprised he got a diploma! Little things like that are so important to him. He earned a gold star in school once and it is one of his most prized possessions. He was sitting by Ivan, who was his best buddy this year but I forgot to get a picture of them together.


 He had the most wonderful teacher, Mrs. Duffy, who really made school a joy for him. When they sang "You are my Sunshine" I sorta lost it and couldn't stop crying! Right after that she got up and looked at me and then she started crying! Agh! I always sang "You are my Sunshine" to Logan when he was a baby and it's still his favorite bedtime song. He is like the sun. Everything is better with him there. He is so good and kind and that really does shine from him. 







2 comments:

  1. I cried at this one too.... Thank you for sharing!! You all are just the awesomest ever. Yes, awesomest is a word. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Rhonda! Didn't mean to make it all weepy! I sure miss you!

      Delete